Life is unpredictable, so sometimes it happens that a person urgently needs money. In this case, the loan becomes a solution and helps in difficult times. However, a borrower unexpectedly receives money from another source. What to do in this case? Is it possible to cancel an application?
Well, it is impossible to delete a personal loan request from an online banking system. But this is not a reason for panic since the request does not oblige you to anything. This is just a service aimed at making working with customers more comfortable. According to the application, the bank only considers you as a candidate for a loan and can approve or refuse it. If a positive decision is made, then to receive money, the client has to come to the office of a creditor to sign the deal.
So, if we are talking about a preliminary request which you would like to cancel, you can do it simply by:
- Contacting the bank’s hotline – there is always a phone number on the website that you can contact the operator. You can explain to the operator the essence of the problem and to cancel the request in the phone mode.
- Not signing any documents – if the lender has already invited you to the office for paperwork, just ignore it and don’t sign anything. You owe nothing to the bank.
Some organizations work online, so after the approval, they accept docs in electronic form and make a money transfer to the specified account of the borrower. If money has already arrived in your account, then there is only one way out – urgently return it back to the lender.
It is necessary to pay attention to the penalty for the repayment before a certain period. If there are any mentions about it in the deal you signed, then you will need to return the money even on the first day along with penalties.
If the application assumed only an increase of the credit limit, then there is nothing to worry about, because the money received does not have to be withdrawn and spent.
In case you ordered a credit card and decided not to receive it, urgently call the contact center. The operator will help to stop the process but only if the card has not yet been made and sent to the home address. If you have already received it, it is better not to throw it away, but to do the following:
- come with an ID to the bank office;
- write a plea to close the card;
- wait until the manager checks that there is no debt on it and cut it into small parts, especially the magnetic tape.
Now you know how to cancel your credit application. Next time, make sure that you need this money to avoid unnecessary troubles. Good luck!